A new version of ECHA’s Chemical Safety Assessment and Reporting tool (Chesar) enables you to edit the chemical safety report directly in the preview of the report. This saves you time as the information can be modified on the spot and will automatically update in other sections of Chesar
Other improvements include:
- Substance properties can be edited: after requests from many users, you can now edit the substance properties directly in Chesar, for example, if the study results are not yet available in IUCLID.
- Streamlining the generation of exposure scenarios: you can choose a longer or shorter format and generate your exposure scenario in any of the 23 EU languages. However, the content of the exposure scenario will only be in the language you selected if you have uploaded a translation of the ESCom standard phrases catalogue.
- Support for use maps: Chesar 3.2 recognises any updates made to use maps by the associations developing them and alerts registrants of the changes. You can then easily update your chemical safety assessment.
The existing Chesar 3 user manual, the help text embedded in the tool and the manual for sector associations developing use maps have been updated to reflect the changes. In addition, the illustrative examples on the chemical safety report and on exposure scenarios for communication are being updated and will soon be published.
Chesar 3.2 is compatible with the latest versions of IUCLID 6 (6.1.2 and 6.1.3).
Join the crowd
The users of Chesar are on the rise. According to a survey we conducted, out of the 65 companies that responded, more than half have already used the tool for their safety assessment and even more are planning to use it for their 2018 registrations. We encourage you to try the tool and benefit from the advantages:
- Consistency between your chemical safety assessment, information provided to the supply chain and to authorities;
- Systematic workflow for preparing your chemical safety assessment;
- Creation of the chemical safety report and exposure scenarios to attach to your safety data sheets in a standard format with one click; and
- Efficiency due to integrated exposure estimation tools, the possibility to re-use information across substances and easy updating of your chemical safety assessment.
- Download Chesar
- Video – Chesar: all you need for chemical safety assessment
- Webinar recording: Getting your chemical safety assessment done
- Tips and tools for chemical safety assessment – Dirk Schwartz, Bruno Bock Thiochemicals
Web cast (see from 49:50 min onwards)